Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Winter 2009 Looking Forward to 2010



I just wanted to give you an update, sorry I haven't done this for awhile. So December 1st we went to the Philippines, we were there for 3 weeks. We went for the Typhoon Relief, it was an awesome experience and so humbling. I felt so blessed and privileged that the Lord would choose ME to go there during this time to show his love and bring hope to the poor and broken. We got to take clothes and various other donations for the relief for one of the mainly flooded areas in Manila called Malabon. While we were there we got to hear several stories from people that were devastated from the floods and how they had to stay in there houses even though they were flooded to make sure people would not come and steal there stuff. While we were there we prayed and felt like an orphan spirit was upon the Philippines and that the Lord wanted to really turn the heart of the children to the back to the Father (God). Thanks again for all of your support for those of you who did donate finances to help rebuild these places and for those of you who also donated clothes and other various items. They were SUPER blessed by all you gave!





From December 22nd - January 18th I got to go home and spend time with my family and my church family. I was so blessed! I got to share with the 4th graders at Wakarusa Missionary Church and they are collecting money for a Camp we run in the Philippines for the kids that live in the slums. It is so awesome to see kids from my own church get excited to help kids they don't even know go to Camp! Thanks SO much Wakarusa Missionary 4 Graders, You Guys ROCK!




So since I've been back here in Hawaii, we as holoholo have been doing fundraisers for various ministries we run in the community and over seas, really trying to get the community involved in what we are doing. We've sold a lot of Bentos (japanese plate lunch) and we a car wash this last Saturday, we have another Bento sale this next Thursday and a Cafe night where we're inviting people from the community and at the Univeristy of the Nations to come out and there will be live entertainment and some "ono grinds"!



We're also doing a dessert banquet/silent auction next Saturday February 6th and have already got a dinner cruise donated and about 7 other restaurants have donated gift certificates. God has been so faithful, we do the possible and he does the impossible! We are also getting ready for our Discipleship Training School that is starting February 23rd! I will be stepping up more as a leader this year, which means more responsiblity! I'll be taking on hospotality, housing, books & tests, first aid, and morning workouts! If you have any questions about what I do or what my ministry does ASK! I love hearing from you guys!


Thanks for all of your prayers and support!
GREAT BIG THINGS FROM A GREAT BIG GOD IN 2010!!

No comments:

Post a Comment